CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT MICHELLE R. JACKSON
SENIOR ENLISTED LEADER
Chief Master Sergeant Michelle R. Jackson is the Senior Enlisted Leader, National Reconnaissance Office, Chantilly, Virginia, representing the highest level of enlisted leadership. The National Reconnaissance Office is responsible to the Secretary of Defense and Director of National Intelligence for research, development, acquisition, launch and operation of overhead reconnaissance capabilities providing the foundation for global situational awareness and responses to the nation’s toughest intelligence challenges.
Chief Jackson is the principal advisor to the Director, Deputy Director and Senior Staff on all matters of military readiness, workforce utilization, professional development and mission effectiveness of the organization’s joint enlisted personnel assigned at numerous locations across the globe. Chief Jackson enlisted in the Air Force in September 1994.
She graduated from the information management apprentice course at Keesler AFB, MS., in January 1995. Her background includes various duties in information management, knowledge operations and communications at wing, major-command, air staff and joint duty levels. Her assignments include bases in Mississippi, Virginia, District of Columbia, Ohio, Texas and overseas locations in Germany, Republic of South Korea and Hawaii. She has deployed in support of Operations JOINT GUARD/JOINT FORGE and ENDURING FREEDON/IRAQI FREEDOM. Prior to assuming her current position, she served at the Air Forces largest technical training wing as the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 82d Training Wing, Sheppard AFB, Texas.
- 1999 Airman Leadership School, Kapuan Air Station, Germany
- 2005 Associate of Applied Science, Information Resources Management, Community College of the Air Force
- 2005 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Gunter Air Base, AL
- 2009 U.S. Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Gunter Air Base, AL
- 2009 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course I, Correspondence Course
- 2009 Associate of Applied Science, Occupational Education, Wayland Baptist University
- 2009 Bachelor of Science, Business Administration and Management, Wayland Baptist University
- 2011 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force
- 2014 Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, San Antonio, TX
- 2015 Leadership Enhancement/Development Program, Greensboro, N.C.
- 2016 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL
- 2016 Air Force Smart Operations 21st Century, Executive Leaders Course, University of Tennessee
- 2016 Graduate Certificate, Human Resources Management, Columbia Southern University
- 2016 Master of Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Columbia Southern University
- 2018 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course II, Joint Forces Staff College/Correspondence
- 2019 Keystone Command Senior Enlisted Leader Course, National Defense University
- 2019 Middle East and South Asia Seminar, Alfred L. Freed Associates, Washington, D.C.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
- Legion of Merit with one oak leaf cluster
- Defense Meritorious Service Medal
- Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
- Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
- Joint Service Achievement Medal
- Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Download PDF Version*
*Adobe® Reader® is needed to view Adobe PDF files. If you don't already have Adobe Reader installed, you may download the current version at www.adobe.com (opens in a new window).